Tuesday, February 14, 2012

"Moderation in All Things"

Moderation is so important. This is an area where those super-disciplined people often miss the boat. They come up with the perfect schedule, diet, exercise plan, etc. and ever after it's like the law of the Medes and Persians that cannot be changed. 

We went to Charlottesville today for Mary's post-surgery check-up. (She's doing great, by the way) And I was feeling this strong urge towards moderation in all things. You know, I'm thinking, a salad every day, seven days a week may be overdoing a good thing. In fact I could be treading dangerously close to that trap that so many of those super-disciplined folks fall into.

 So while Mary ate lunch with a friend at Panera Bread I eased on over to Burger King and had myself a mushroom and swiss burger with fries,and you guessed it, a big old Dr. Pepper. Not a leafy green vegetable in sight. Man, did it ever go down good.  Oh, the simple joys of moderation!

And now I'm ready for my salad tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment